Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Thursday, 1 December 2016

December



December already, and the year now starts to draw to a close. Whisky looks suitably unimpressed.




Whisky





I had an indoor plant many years ago, that never seemed to do any good, so I planted it at the bottom of my garden. To my surprise it picked up, and is now a strapping six feet tall. It's also got some flower buds coming.




Castor Oil Plant





The local lake, Caldecotte, has been host to up to half a dozen Little Egrets recently. Not easy to get pictures of them though, they always seem to fly off as I get near.









Not so the Herons though. They seem more than happy to pose.





 Grey Heron





Some gulls are happy to pose too.




Common Gull





Herring Gull







Herring Gull with fresh oyster lunch.







Whisky will always pose








A trip to a local reservoir a couple of days ago found, amongst other delights, this fisherman. I hadn't noticed he'd caught a tiny fish until I saw the picture on the computer.




Grey Wagtail





I went in search of some Mandarin Ducks a few days ago, at a nearby country park, and managed to find a group of 5.





They look far too exotic for this country.




Back at the local lake, at this time of the year, it is always good for these beauties.
Goosanders.




Female, going for a swim after a doze in the sun.










A couple of the males




Enjoy the rest of your day





14 comments:

  1. What a poser?...two lovely shots of Whisky.(that's not an offer by the way!)
    Interesting 'menu' for the Wagtail...every little helps..as the saying goes.
    Keep an eye on that 'triffid' plant...it could soon be marching up the garden in the dead of night to ruin your beauty sleep!
    A great set of images with a couple of 'exotics' to end with...can't be bad?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's better with Whisky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Trevor. Never seen a wagtail with a fish before, didn't even know they ate them. Always learning.
    That triffid is pretty tough. Have to put a fence round it.

    Thanks Wilma. I don't know what I'd do without him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That boy of yours is a fantastic dog, thats great photo of him.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter, he's really special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful look into a bit of your life Keith, Whisky and your awesome plant, wow amazing! And ALL fantastic bird shots!! Hope your December is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sondra, thank you. My life at the moment totally revolves around Whisky, he goes everywhere with me and gets upset even if I go to the shops without him.
    Hopefully December will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great shots here Keith. Those L/Egrets are never easy to approach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never have thought of trying a Castor Oil plant outdoors.
    Great series of bird shots. I've seen Grey Wagtails at Covenham Reservoir but didn't realise they went fishing. I assumed they were just insect hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Roy. I'll keep trying :-)

    John, I wasn't sure if the Castor Oil Plant would survive winters, but it seems tougher than I thought.
    First time I've seen a Grey Wagtail with a fish too. Like you, I thought it was just insects they ate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whisky looks like he has pigtails, yeah Christmas sucks.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Debs. I'm not a fan of christmas much.
    Late reply, I can't get on with this new dashboard layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just had to go back and see you Decener post and was not disappointed as the 2 shots of Whiskey are fabulous Keith, As you said, you would belost without him now. He is a true friend and companion

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Margaret. That first picture of Whisky is one of my favourites. :-)

    ReplyDelete